HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Every summer Huntington Beach, Calif., welcomes dogs and their owners for dog-friendly competition and fun. In September, surfing and dogs come together for the annual Surf City Surf Dog Competition. The world-famous premier event on the dog surfing circuit brings the community, surfers, dog lovers and family for a day of surfing fun in Southern California.
- There are plenty of pet friendly hotels to choose from. Leading Huntington Beach hotels know the importance of being pet-friendly and welcoming your dog like a VIP – Very Important Pooch.
- The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel’s pet-friendly program, Wag it at the Waterfront, offers numerous amenities for your canine and feline family members for an additional fee. Additionally, their lavish “It’s a Wonderful Dog’s Life” package treats your pup like royalty from the moment you step into your room. Pet beds, feeding bowls, pet-sitting, and even a pet-friendly room service menu are just a few of the features you’ll find at this full-service beach resort.
- Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel welcomes pets of all types and sizes. Their promise: “If your pet fits through the door, we’ll welcome them in.” They’ll spoil your pup with outstanding amenities like front desk treats, plush pet beds, feeding bowls, a dog-friendly restaurant and menu, and a nightly wine reception from 5-6 pm for guests and their pets who love to party – all at no extra cost. And if on hand – or paw, as it were – you may even be greeted by one of their Directors of Pet Relations.
- Paséa Hotel & Spa also has a special greeter in place: Moonshine, their French Bulldog Pet Concierge, who can tell you and your four-legged companion all about the hotel’s dog amenities, like luxurious pet beds and feeding bowls – available for a nominal fee – along with free pet cleanup bags. Dogs weighing 50 pounds or less are welcome for an additional fee. Opened just last year, PAWsea is an outdoor puppy playground open to all guests to allow their dogs to have a place to enjoy their vacation as well.
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, Hotel Huntington Beach, and Extended Stay America are other pet-friendly hotels you’ll find in Huntington Beach.
- 1.5 miles of prime beach-front dedicated to off-the-leash Huntington Dog Beach: Located along the bluffs, making it safe for dogs to run free with a natural barrier to Pacific Coast Highway, is the every salty dog’s paradise: Huntington Dog Beach and Huntington Beach Dog Park. With sun shining year round in this Orange County town, dogs and their owners can enjoy the beach 365 days a year! But watch out this is a popular spot so you might find yourself amidst one of the numerous “furtastic” events throughout the year, including the annual Surf City Surf Dog, So Cal Corgi Nation Beach Days, and even doggie weddings.
- Your pup can feast like a king. There is no shortage of Canine Cuisine options in Huntington Beach. Gallagher’s, located on Main Street, recently went through a remodel and added a full “Canine Cuisine” menu. Top Dog Barkery inside Pacific City offers personalized cakes, pastries, chew sticks, and packaged treats for your four legged family members. At Sit Stay Café, owners can sip on a cup of coffee while your pup sips from complimentary water bowls and nibbles on courtesy treats. When its time for lunch head to Park Bench Café with its menu of sweet and savory treats. Order up the Hound Dog Heaven (juicy ground beef) or the Wrangler Roundup (lean ground turkey) for that doggy on a diet, plus a Peanut Butter Puppy for good measure.
- A must-see dog surfing competition. Every September, Huntington Beach marries their two favorite things: surfing and dogs at the annual Surf City Surf Dog Competition. The world-famous premier event on the dog surfing circuit brings together the community, surfers, dog lovers, families & pets for a day of fun and “fund
“raisingat one of Southern California’s most pristine beaches – Huntington Dog Beach!
- If you’re lucky you might see a famous dog influencer. Last year, a slew of doggie influencers and their “social media managers” were invited to a one of a kind trip that resulted in the most Instagram-worthy images you’ll ever find as you scroll through your home page. Juliet The Husky, Norman the Pomsky, Popeye the Foodie, LA Corgi, and 3 Bulldogges were treated to a visit that showed that what Huntington Beach really has to offer for our four-legged friends.
For more information, visit www.surfcityusa.com or https://www.surfcityusa.com/things-to-do/itineraries/pet-friendly/